BrightLemon ™ London (http://www.brightlemon.com) has been chosen by the Tate Modern (http://www.tate.org.uk) to build a new online community for schools participating in the upcoming turbinegeneration project. Turbinegeneration is an international schools project connected to The Unilever Series, the annual commission that invites an artist to make a work of art specifically for Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall.
The social network will help schools from around the world contribute, comment and rate on each other’s artwork. Partner schools will collaborate on and produce art through sharing ideas, images and videos online.
The turbinegeneration social network will provide:
- an online environment where partnerships of schools can share their ideas and upload and share files;
- an online community for the project where participating schools can support each other and view and comment on each other’s work;
- a safe, secure registration process;
- school profiles with information, images and videos;
- information on the turbinegeneration project — available in different languages;
- teachers the opportunity to see what other school partnerships around the world are doing and to comment on their work;
- the facility for local galleries and artists to participate online, providing assistance to the schools and feedback on their work.
The website will support approximately 500 schools, 100 gallery partnerships, 250 schools partnerships located in 30 different countries by 2013.
Tubine Generation (current site): www.blog.tate.org.uk/turbinegeneration
Tate Modern: www.tate.org.uk/modern
Tate Gallery: www.tate.org.uk
BrightLemon™ London create and maintain online communities and social web applications for clients such as the British Council, Department for Education, Amnesty International, V&A and Plan International. Our networks represent over 1,125,000 users in 18 countries and have been featured in the finals of both the BIMA and BETT Awards.