Activate is the Guardian's platform for innovators using the internet to change the world. The aim of Activate is to unite the international conferences, hack days, VC pitching days and fund raising activities to help us make sense and adapt to the way technology is changing the world around us.
On 27 June 2012 some of the world's most influential and inspirational figures will once again descend on Kings Place, London to discuss and debate the critical issues and strategies driving a more connected, creative and cohesive planet.
Understanding how and why web technologies are reshaping almost every aspect of society poses one of the biggest questions and offers one of the greatest opportunities of our time.
We have an exciting programme of presentations, workshops and debates planned for Activate London this year focusing on:
• The challenge of agility in business
• Open access: promoting open journalism, open source, open data
• Overcoming the difficulty of storytelling through data
• Promoting sustainable investment in technology startups
• Preserving the founding principles of the web: the battle between an open and proprietorial internet
In addition to these themes, Activate London will showcase the best and most innovative uses of technology to transform areas such as health, education, science, government and global development.
Event details are from Guardian (this is not a BrightLemon event): http://www.guardian.co.uk/activate/london