This Drupal course quickly gets you up to speed with building dynamic database-driven websites with Drupal 7.
It begins with a basic introduction into the main concepts behind Content Management Systems (CMS) and the types of websites they are meant to help create. We then map these concepts onto the Drupal CMS and take you through the installation to help create of a series of Drupal 7 websites - each one adding an additional layer of functionality.
We start from a simple “presentation” website, move through to the addition of a news capability, present and search through catalogues of services and/or products, add sophisticated contact solutions, e-commerce capabilities and finally some social elements to enable users to interact with each other via the website.
Drupal how to Introducing - course information
Date: Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th November 2011 Time: 9:00am till 5:00pm (will be London based) Location: Shoreditch Trust, Units 1-2 Waterhouse, 8 Orsman Road, London, N1 5QJ Cost: £495 (not including VAT - 10% discount available for charities, BIMA, RSA members)
A constant theme throughout the Drupal course is to illustrate how one can map general requirements to specific Drupal concepts.
Who's suitable for this Drupal course?
This course is suitable for web developers and web designers that are interested in finding out what Drupal can do for them in terms of accelerating and improving their web creation process.
It is also suitable for Drupal web site administrators wanting to increase their understanding of maintaining a Drupal web site.
Drupal Training Delivery and Content
This is a hand-on practical Drupal course - together we will build “live” Drupal websites leading to fully working examples. Through the examples we will cover the following syllabus. We will be working with Drupal 7.
- Introduction to Drupal Content Management Systems
- Installing Drupal 7 on your machine
- How Drupal handles and categorises content
- Adding menus and navigation
- How Drupal handles users and permissions
- What comes out of the box and how to activate additional functionality
- Downloading and installing additional modules
- Changing the look of your website by installing different themes
- Create more complex content types (with the Drupal Content Construction Kit)
- Adding images and files to your content
- Using WYSIWYG Editors
- Building contact forms and handle newsletters
- Creating catalogues of services / products (introduction to Simple Views)
- SEO Considerations - how to improve your ranking with simple, quick solutions
- A basic e-commerce solution
- Getting social - make your website interactive with voting, moderation and enhanced user registration
- Maintaining your Drupal website - how to keep abreast of Drupal core and module updates
<img border="0" data-cke-saved-src="http://www.eventbrite.com/registerbutton?eid=1866973167" src="http://www.eventbrite.com/registerbutton?eid=1866973167" alt="Drupal How To Introducing - Drupal training, Drupal course" title="alt=" drupal="" how="" to="" introducing="" -="" training,="" course"="">
What do I need to bring for my Drupal course?
Bring your laptop if you want to install Drupal on your machine and follow along with the site construction
Drupal Training - Payment and Costs
- £495 companies/individuals (10% discount for charities, BIMA, RSA and Intellect members)
- £1190 for the whole Drupal In-Depth training package including Drupal How To Introducing Drupal, Drupal How To Advanced Drupal and Drupal How To Module Development. For more information on the Drupal In-Depth Week please view here.
We accept the following payment methods:
- PayPal: All cards accepted excect American Express
- Cheque: Please make cheques payable to ‘BrightLemon Limited’ and send it to Brightlemon London office, Unit 12 (and 8), Zeus House, 16-30 Provost Street, London, N1 7NG