Drupal allows us to achieve a lot and quickly with the right mix of tools and techniques. This Drupal training will give you a head-start by walking you through all the methods used in more advanced websites. Create complex Drupal content types using Drupal 7, sophisticated displays of Drupal content and its filtering, advanced community features. Learn how to handle multiple types of media from audio podcast to video and present content with attractive effects.
Drupal how to Advanced - course information
Date: Wednesday 30th and Thursday 1st December 2011
Time: 9:00am till 5:00pm
Location: Shoreditch Trust, Units 1-2 Waterhouse, 8 Orsman Road, London, N1 5QJ
Cost: £495 (not including VAT - 10% discount available for charities, BIMA, RSA members)
Who's suitable for this Drupal training?
A basic understanding of Drupal site-building (e.g. having attended the Introducing Drupal course), knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as some familiarity with PHP and MySQL.
It is also suitable for Drupal web site administrators wanting to
increase their understanding of maintaining a Drupal web site.
Drupal Training Delivery and Content
The aim of this Drupal training is to:
- Give you a solid understanding of the internals of the Drupal architecture
- An introduction to tools that will help you enhance and standardize site building and development coupled with best practice and rules to guide choices.
- Explain how to navigate the Drupal community - and in particular Drupal.org - so as to make best use of all the knowledge available.
This Drupal course is hands-on - we will build a fully working Drupal website with sophisticated interaction workflows and community features. We will be working with Drupal 7.
Drupal Training Topics
Drupal 7 Architecture
The Drupal Stack
- Within the server environment (i.e. LAMP)
Drupal Internals (Core, Modules, Contrib, Sites)
Bootstrap Process - walk through the page loading process in broad
terms to illustrate the main pieces and how they work together
Best Practices - a set of rules to follow through the development process
Foundation Tools - The main building blocks
Building Sites - Enhancing Drupal Core functionality with:
- Fields in Drupal - How Drupal 7 handles content and how you can customize it
- Views - Easily construct complex views of your data
- Panels / Context - layout pages easily in sophisticated ways
Speeding up the Development Process with:
- Devel - look under the hood of Drupal
- Features - save and reuse features across sites
- Drush - speed up development via the command line
- Backup and Migrate - keep everything safe
The Drupal 7 Development Process - Core and Contrib
- The Drupal Development Process - Core and Contrib
- Issue Queues
- How to choose modules and make the best use of the depth and breadth of the Drupal community
Brief Intro to Drupal APIs and Theming
The Theming Stack
Theming for Mobile
How modules interact with Drupal
What do I need to bring for my Drupal course?
Bring your laptop if you want to install Drupal 7 on your machine and follow along with the site construction.
Drupal Training - Payment and Costs
- £495 companies/individuals (10% discount for charities, BIMA, RSA and Intellect members)
- £1190 for the whole Drupal In-Depth training package including Drupal How To Introducing Drupal, Drupal How To Advanced Drupal and Drupal How To Module Development. For more information on the Drupal In-Depth Week please view here.
We accept the following payment methods:
- PayPal: All cards accepted except American Express
- Cheque: Please make cheques payable to ‘BrightLemon Limited’ and send it to Brightlemon London office, Unit 12 (and 8), Zeus House, 16-30 Provost Street, London, N1 7NG