Glassy Buttons are used to create a glass effect into different shapes. Example: we are going to use a circle shape.
- Create the circle path: Create a circle path and fill in with plain colour. Then copy (CTRL C) paste it in front (CTRL F) and fill in with an other plain colour. Scale down about 40% and drag it slight below the center point of the orange circle.
- Blend Tool: Select the blend tool from the palette tools, click on the top edge of the small circle and then click again on the top edge of the big circle.
- Light Reflection: Make an oval path and fill it with black & white gradient and place it on top of the circles. With the oval path selected, go to trasparency pallate, select Screen Blend Mood.
There are several advantages to create this glassy button with Illustrator rather than Photoshop:
- It is vector, which mean it is scalable.
- It is easier and faster to make this with Illustrator (less steps).
- Easier to change colors, just need to fill the circles with different colors.